Find the Perfect Style for You
Your wedding day hairstyle deserves careful consideration and might even require some research on your part, to ensure that it is just how you pictured it would be.
We have gathered a few key pieces of advice to help you discover the perfect wedding day hairstyle for you.
- Choose a stylist that you can trust and that you feel comfortable talking to. You should be comfortable talking to them about the style and look you want. Some stylists may insist on a look that they prefer or that they are used to doing. Do not be talked into or out of a style. Be firm in telling the stylist what you want and don't want.
- Schedule a practice session to mock-up the intended wedding day hairstyle. You may need to pay extra for this mock-up session, but it's worth it to ensure that you get the look that you want for your special day.
- After the mock-up, check side and rear views of the hairstyle and make sure that you like it from all angles.
- Also, walk around the salon with your hairstyle. Move your head around in ways that you will move on your wedding day. Dance a little! Make sure your wedding hairstyle withstands major movements and that your scalp will be comfortable for hours.
- If possible, schedule an appointment to try on your wedding gown the same day that you have your hair trial. This is a great way to be sure that the hairstyle and the gown work well together.
- The night before the wedding, get a head massage. Prepare your scalp and relax yourself in preparation of your very special day.
More Things to Consider...
- Not sure what you want to do with your hair? Be creative! Do some easy research. Look through magazines and online to find ideas. We have assembled a Wedding Hairstyle Photo Gallery filled with photos of real brides, models and celebrities to help you get your creative juices flowing.
- Considering doing your own hair? We have found some helpful "How-To" videos to teach you how to create some of the hottest looks.
- Up do's generally create a look of elegance. Search pictures of celebrities at the Oscars and you will see numerous variations of the elegant up-do.
- Tired of the bun or chignon? Achieve the same polished look with braids instead. From cornrows to French twists, there are numerous interesting ways to set your hair in place.
- Looking for a softer look? Let your hair down. The flowing look of mid-length to long hair is very romantic. Consider the half-up half-down look for your wedding day hairstyle. Add a little flair with a side comb or floral design behind the ear.
- Is your hair short or fine? Consider flipping up the sides for a little retro look. Or, add dimension with color highlights or shiny curls. Many brides add small, inexpensive hairpieces for the day to help create volume in an up-do.
Back to the top
Wedding Planning Timeline ~ What do I do Next?