Find the Perfect Bridesmaids Dress
Catherine's Bridal Boutique has hundreds of bridesmaid gown samples in stock for you to try on! We carry a wide range of sample sizes and colors to make it easy for you to find the gown that fits both your vision and your budget. Most styles can be ordered in size 0 through 34 in more than 40 colors. Our inventory changes on a regular basis, so there are always unique and on trend choices for every bridesmaid.
Overwhelmed with all of the choices? We have some guidelines to help you choose.
Choosing the perfect bridesmaids dress: A few simple guidelines...
Are you ready to shop for the perfect bridesmaids dress? We have gathered some advice for you, to make the process as smooth as possible.
- Work with the bridal shop so that you understand standard delivery times and what it may cost if they have to pay for rush delivery. Then make deadlines for your bridesmaids so that all orders are placed in a timely manner.
Quick Tip: Standard delivery time for bridesmaids dresses is between 12 and 20 weeks (depending on the designer you choose)! Plus you need to build in time for tailoring. The rule of thumb for ordering is 9 months in advance (6 months at the very latest).
- Choose a gown that is stylish and flattering. Do not turn your best friends into fashion victims!
- Search for a gown style that flatters the different sizes and shapes of your bridesmaids. A-line skirts and empire waists tend to look good on all body types.
- Sometimes there is not just one perfect bridesmaids dress. Consider choosing a specific designer and color and let each maid pick a style that will suit her. You can also incorporate other preferences such as gown length and fabric type.
Quick Tip: The right undergarments can help any gown become the perfect bridesmaids dress! Consider long-line, strapless bras or push up gel cups. Body shapers can really help accentuate the "good", while hiding the "not so good"! The right undergarments will ensure a perfect fit.
- Do not try to find a bridesmaid gown that matches your bridal gown. Look for a style that compliments your gown and evokes the feel that you are going for.
- When deciding on color, consider your bridesmaids complexions and hair color. Brighter colors are generally more flattering for all skin tones. Pastels look nice against fair complexions, but may be too distracting against a darker complexion.
- If you're considering strapless dresses or bridesmaid gowns that don't accommodate a regular bra, ask your bridal party if they would be comfortable in such a style before you decide.
- Ask your bridesmaids to go shopping with you, but do not bring them all at once if you have more than four. Too much input makes it difficult to form and express your own opinion. The internet is an excellent tool for sharing photos and web pages of gowns that you like. Email your maids your ideas and listen to their feedback.
Make an appointment to shop with us today.